To Join the Active Directory in Isilon cluster use the following command line steps:
1. Before adding the cluster to the domain verify the DNS setting first, make sure that the cluster is on the right DNS.
2. SSH to isilon cluster login as a root and type the following command:
isi_classic auth ads join --domain=<domain name> --user=<user name> --password=<password> to join the domain, should see a successful join the domain message at the end of the command line.
3.Then type: isi auth refresh
4. To check the status type: isi_for_array -s isi auth status
5. type isi auth ads spn check --domain=<domain name>
- To check there is no missing SPNs found.
6. type isi auth ads list to verify that your cluster is joined the domain and its status is online.